When We Are Closed
Every Thursday afternoon from 12:30 and once a Month on a Tuesday afternoon for training, The next closure date is Tuesday 13th February 2018 at 12:30
We are closed over Christmas on Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Years Day only, please see the Christmas opening times
If the surgery is closed please phone the usual number and your call will be re-directed to the out-of-hours service (NEMS). Your needs will be assessed and you will either be given advice or arrangements will be made for you to be seen by a healthcare professional.
You can also contact 111 if you require
- medical assistance or advice urgently but it is not a life threatening situation.
- Feel that it cannot wait for an appointment with the GP.
- You don’t know who to call for medical help.
- For Further Information follow this link NHS 111
Your local pharmacy can also offer you advice and treatment if required for a range of minor ailments. Under the Pharmacy First Scheme, if you are exempt from prescription charges you will be able to get the same medicines the GP could have prescribed free of charge for head lice, temperature, fever, sore throat, earache, teething pain and pain relief for toothache. To access the service go to your local Pharmacy First pharmacist (look out for posters, leaflets and window stickers for your nearest one).Pharmacy First information leaflet
- Minor burns and scalds
- Minor head injury with no loss of consciousness
- Skin infections and animal bites
- Suspected broken bones, sprains and strains (X-ray will be available on-site)
- Eye infections and minor eye injuries
No appointment is needed; just drop in between 7am and 9pm 365 days a year
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.